A taste of a decades-long career that has taken me around the world and into the lives and locations of some of the most fascinating people and places on the planet...
Filmed in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria on Puerto Rico, this feature for Discovery Channel Canada led to a nomination for the prestigious Walter Sullivan Award for Excellence in Science Journalism - Features.
Unlikely Vegan Seasons 1 & 2
Two original 6-part mini-series for Bell Fibe TV1. Not only has this become one of Bell's most popular VOD series, its being promoted on its own channel, a first for the company's community television. Season Two includes a holiday special, and we're in development for a larger lifestyle series with Jay Grant as host.
* Documentary Director: "Killer Affair" and "Unexpected Killer", OWN
* Features Producer: "Daily Planet"on Discovery
* Senior Producer: "Til Debt Do Us Part"
* Segment Producer: CTV's W-5
* Senior Creative Producer, Diply
* VP Marketing and PR, Prehistoric Home Ltd.
* Production Executive, Life Network Canada
* Director/Senior Writer, "Inside Hollywood"
* Director, "Bubble Wrapped Kids"
* Director, "At the End of My Leash"
* Director, "Flightpath" for Discovery Channel
* News Writer: CTV, CBC Newsworld, Global
* Gemini Award - Best Lifestyle/Information Series for "Til Debt Do Us Part - Season One"
* Worldfest - Houston International Film and Video Awards
2 Platinum, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze Awards
* Telly Award - "Super Hands" on Daily Planet
* Walter Sullivan Award for Excellence in Science Journalism - Features - Nominee
World Headquarters: 12 Renwick Ave.
London, ON N6A 3V2
Kelly is a respected storyteller with nearly 3 decades of experience in factual television. She’s worked as a director and producer in genres from news and current affairs, to lifestyle, reality and documentary programming. Kelly is trusted by brands to tell their unique stories and she works with clients to elevate corporate videos to broadcast-worthy production values and appeal.
Kelly has years of experience with Discovery Channel in Canada, creating award-winning features for Daily Planet in North America and abroad (Telly and Worldfest Houston Awards). She has recently been nominated for the prestigious Walter Sullivan Award for Excellence in Science Journalism – Features for work produced in Puerto Rico following the hurricane.
Kelly’s editorial oversight was honed as a Production Executive with Life Network. In this role she reviewed storylines and character development guiding dozens of reality series. As a Senior Producer, she developed and produced the highly acclaimed series Til Debt Do Us Part, earning a Gemini Award for Best Lifestyle Series in Season One.
Kelly is known as a solid creative voice, an exceptional writer, director and a producer of highly successful television with wide appeal. She has worked around the world, filmed in war zones and profiled some of the most fascinating people and places on the planet.